GSB Agenda

Wendy Weiskircher

The Government of the Student Body will meet tonight at 7 in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union. The following will be discussed:

Old business

* A bill to ban senators and gallery members at senate meetings from wearing hats. This policy would ideally increase respect in the senate, based on the idea that “it is imperative for senators to be courteous and respectful of each other and the student body,” according to the bill, which is sponsored by Jeremy Peterson, business.

* A funding bill to allocate $200 from the Senate Discretionary Account to help Student Legal Services replace its photocopier. This bill, sponsored by off-campus senator Chris Wisher, states SLS already has raised the majority of the money needed to purchase the $2,000 copier.

* A resolution to encourage the university to provide a room for students, faculty and staff who smoke, so they may be protected from the elements. “In the most adverse conditions, those who have a legal right to smoke are forced to do so outside in the elements, and this can lead to further adverse health problems,” according to the bill, sponsored by Jim McCurdy, nontraditional.

Seating bills

* A bill to seat three senate members to the GSB Finance Committee. Doug Miller, off campus, and Ashley Herr, engineering, would be seated as senate members, while Stephen Medanic, LAS, would be seated as the senate alternate. By Doorenbos and Edmiston.

* A bill to seat Chris Yoars as the GSB Director of Public Information. By Olson and Wisher.