The Office of Diversity and Inclusion provides in-person and virtual resources

The Diversity and Inclusion Office continues to provide resources and information for students and faculty in-person and virtually.

Madison Mason

Since the Iowa State campus has reopened, the university has put in safety guidelines in place to protect students and faculty during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has affected how students and faculty can access different resources on campus. 

Currently, the Diversity and Inclusion Office is accessible both in-person and online, according to Reginald Stewart, vice president for Diversity and Inclusion. 

“We are currently available by appointment, and masks are required during an in-person visit,” Stewart said. “If you do not have a mask, one will be provided. We have resources both online and in-person. We are accessible via Zoom and Webex, and this has proven to be the most efficient way of meeting.”

Stewart said the staff members at the Office of Diversity and Inclusion are available to help and speak with students about information and resources that they need. 

Contact information for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion staff can be found on their staff directory

Stewart said that during this unprecedented time, the Principles of Community is still a very important concept in campus community spaces. 

“We will continue to support student programming requests that meet our criteria for engagement,” Stewart said. “Our COVID-19 resource page has proven valuable to students, faculty and staff.”

The Office of Diversity and Inclusion is on the second floor of Beardshear Hall.