Two “next-level” training facilities opened with former Iowa Hawkeye linebacker, Chad Greenway

Courtesy of ETS Performance
The new facilities are meant for young athletes aged 8-18.

Two sports training facilities have opened in Ankeny and Grimes with a partnership between Engelbert Training Systems (ETS) and former Minnesota Viking and Iowa Hawkeye Linebacker Chad Greenway. 

In an interview with the Daily, Greenway described the process of joining an ETS location.

“You basically have an athlete evaluation to see where you’re at and your ability to handle your own body,” Greenway said. “Then you have to grow into your own specific program that’s built for you.”

Greenway also shared his own family’s experience with ETS.

“It really allows [my two daughters] to focus on strength and speed, which has helped them in all sports,” Greenway said. “It’s been a great fit for my family.” 

ETS has 29 of these locations throughout the Midwest, and their two Iowa facilities aim to “produce” collegiate and professional athletes. 

According to an ETS press release, they are focused on an eight- to 18-year-old age range. 

“With strong ties to Iowa, Chad and I are eager to help Iowa’s young athletes reach their physical and psychological potential through next-level training that can’t be found elsewhere,” CEO of ETS Performance Jed Schmidt stated in the press release. 

Greenway said that although the ETS locations are focused on young athletes, this “next-level training” is still available for all ages and skill levels.

“You can go to an ETS here in the Minneapolis metro and train with anyone from an NFL player, former NFL player, high school athlete to a youth kid trying to improve their individual abilities,” Greenway said. “It’s really a wide range of levels and skills, [and] it’s really for all athletes.”

Greenway played football at the University of Iowa and went on to play for the Minnesota Vikings in 2006. In the press release, Greenway credits the time he spent in Iowa for part of the decision to open these two Iowa locations.

“I consider Iowa to be a second home, and I’m excited to help youth athletes in the area reach their full potential,” Greenway stated in the press release.

The Ankeny gym is located at 405 SE Magazine Rd #108, and the West Des Moines location is at 4405 SE Beisser Drive Grimes.