Cyclones in the NFL: Week 13

Charlie Kolar celebrates a touchdown with Brock Purdy during Iowa State’s 59-7 win over Kansas on Oct. 2.

Brock Purdy

Purdy kept his hot streak rolling as he helped the 49ers roll over one of the best teams in the NFL: the Philadelphia Eagles. Not only that, Purdy got his revenge from a season ago, as the Eagles knocked off the 49ers en route to the Super Bowl as Purdy was forced to watch from the sideline with an injury.

Purdy played lights out against the Eagles, throwing for 314 yards and four touchdowns while maintaining above 70% completion. Along with his big game stat-wise, Purdy also retook the No. 1 spot in the NFL in QBR, as he knocked Jalen Hurts out of the top spot.

In the last four weeks, Purdy has thrown for 11 touchdowns with one interception. Three of those four weeks also saw Purdy put up over a 148 passer rating. Purdy’s efforts in response to his cold streak in the middle of the season has inked his name into the MVP conversation going forward.

David Montgomery

Montgomery kept up his elite pace as the Lions toppled the Saints in a thriller. Montgomery found the end zone again, bumping his season total to 10.

Montgomery also took a bulk of the carries, although Jahmyr Gibbs beat him in yards by four. Montgomery has scored on the ground in eight of his nine games played, while keeping his four-game streak alive.

Throughout the season, Montgomery has rushed for over 700 yards while averaging nearly five yards per carry.

Breece Hall

Hall and the Jets struggled to get anything going Sunday against the Falcons. Hall got a bulk of the carries, but averaged just 1.2 yards per rush.

Hall ran the ball 13 times for a total of 16 yards. Hall also caught six balls for 29 yards. Although he was not dominant in the run game, he continued to find success in the air.

Hall will continue to find success in various ways on the Jets’ offense, as the team looks to find answers for its offensive issues.

Anthony Johnson Jr.

After starting three of the last four games, Johnson took a step back as the Packers hosted the Chiefs. The Packers announced that Darnell Savage was coming off of IR, which meant Johnson would move into a backup role.

Johnson still recorded a tackle on his 12 total snaps but was only active for six defensive snaps.

Will McDonald IV

McDonald had a quiet day against the Falcons. McDonald has settled into his role on defense, as he participated in 18% of the defensive snaps.

McDonald also made an appearance in over 40% of special teams snaps. Although McDonald did not record any stats against the Falcons, he has continued to see use.