Third and final candidate for CALS dean announced

Geoffrey Dahl of the University of Florida is the third candidate for the next dean of Iowa States College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

Photo Courtesy of the Iowa State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

Geoffrey Dahl of the University of Florida is the third candidate for the next dean of Iowa State’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

Annelise.Wells

Geoffrey Dahl has been announced as the third and final candidate for the next endowed dean of Iowa State’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and director of the Iowa Agricultural and Home Economics Experiment Station.

Dahl currently serves as the Harriet Weeks Professor of Animal Science at the University of Florida, according to a press release.

Dahl will be visiting Iowa State from Sept. 26 to Sept. 28. During his visit, he will tour campus facilities, meet with student organizations and talk with campus administrators.

He will also hold an open forum on Thursday, Sept. 27 from 3 to 4 p.m. in the Pioneer Room in the Memorial Union. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to attend. 

Dahl earned his bachelor’s degree in animal science from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.

He then earned his master’s degree in dairy science from Virginia Tech and his doctorate in animal science from Michigan State University.

Previously, Dahl has held multiple positions at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and at the University of Maryland. In 2006, he joined the University of Florida faculty. He served as chair of their animal science department from 2006 to 2018.

The full itinerary for Dahl’s visit, along with his CV and a feedback form, can be found on the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost’s website.