Hindu YUVA to host exhibition: ‘Darshana’

Members+of+Hindu+YUVA+at+Darshana+2023.+
Courtesy of Ankush Mishra, Hindu YUVA
Members of Hindu YUVA at Darshana 2023.

Hindu Youth for Unity Virtues and Action (YUVA) at Iowa State will host “Darshana: A Glimpse into Hindu Civilization,” an exhibition celebrating Hindu culture from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday. The event will be held on the first floor rotunda of the Iowa State Capitol in Des Moines.

“The ‘Darshana’ exhibition, a collaborative effort among five different Dharmic organizations, celebrates the rich cultural heritage and contributions of the Hindu-American community,” stated Ankush Mishra, a mechanical engineering graduate student and YUVA president at Iowa State. “It serves as a vibrant tapestry showcasing the diverse facets of Hindu civilization, from ancient traditions to modern innovations.”

The Darshana event will host 24 immersive exhibits, including yoga, mathematics, arts, Ayurveda, a system of traditional medicine native to India, science and architecture.

“This exhibition, which has garnered acclaim in 165 cities across the nation, including prestigious venues like Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., state capitals, and inter-faith groups, embodies the spirit of cultural exchange and dialogue,” Mishra stated.

Snacks will be provided for all participants at the event and the exhibition is free to all attendees.

“We encourage you to join us and immerse yourself in our diverse exhibits, fostering cultural understanding and celebrating the rich tapestry of Hindu civilization,” Mishra stated. “By participating, you’ll not only gain insights into your colleagues’ culture but also foster stronger workplace and community bonds.”

More information on the event can be found in this teaser video provided by Hindu YUVA or on the club’s Instagram.