Iowa State takes on quad-meet at Gainesville Regional

Josue Aleman
Josie Bergstrom vaults during her routine as part of the Iowa Corn Cy-Hawk series gymnastics meet against the University of Iowa, Hilton Coliseum, March 8, 2024.

The No. 36 Cyclones will participate in their second postseason meet in Gainesville, Florida, on Friday evening, after pulling off a win against No. 30 Clemson.

Because of the first round win, they earned a bid to a quad-meet matchup with No. 4 Florida, No. 13 Missouri and No. 20 Georgia.

This victory marked the first postseason victory for Ashley Miles Greig as a head coach for the Cyclones. The round two quad-meet matchup also stands as a return for Miles Greig to SEC opponents, who she faced many times at Alabama during her career as a gymnast.

During the regular season, the Cyclones held a 10-15 record, averaging 196.096 points per meet. Their high score on the season sits at 196.900 points. The team is led by a trio of individual performers in Noelle Adams, Josie Bergstrom and Kaia Parker.

The host team Florida holds a strong average of 197.670 points per meet. Overall, they have a 21-4 record, with a season-high of 198.225.

The Tigers have a 13-6 record on the season, with an average of 197.185 points per meet. However, their 2-5 conference record may stand as a setback in a match loaded with fellow SEC teams. They enter on a five-meet win streak with a season-high score of 197.600 points.

The Bulldogs average 196.725 points per meet, with an overall record of 6-10. They hold a 1-6 record in-conference, which could be an issue in a meet loaded with SEC teams. Their season-high sits at 197.550 points.

The top two teams will advance to the next round. The two teams will join the top two of No. 5 Utah, No. 12 Michigan State, No. 21 Towson and No. 26 Maryland in the next round.