Upcoming springtime events in Ames

Brielle Tuttle
The b.e. good pop-up shop sold game day ready attire at the Beautiful Land Market on Sept. 3, 2023.

Spring is the perfect time to get out of your house and go out and about around town. There are abundant events in and around Ames for people to enjoy the nice weather.

Spring Enchantment

Spring Enchantment is an event that Reiman Gardens will be holding for the entire month of April. The event includes different excursions inside of it as well.

Every Tuesday in April, the garden will allow you and your dog to roam the gardens together for a fee. Local artists’ fairy houses and whimsical designs will also be showcased all month long.

Reiman Gardens also has its bulb show going on. See their tulips and hyacinths in their prime from April 25 to 27.

Opening Day: Ames Markets

Enjoy opening day for the Ames Main Street farmers market from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. May 4. The markets will continue every Saturday until fall. Enjoy local vendors and stores while walking around historic Ames.

Similarly, May 5 marks the opening day for the Beautiful Land Market, which sells local food and artisan goods. This will be held in Ames in the downtown Fareway parking lot.

The Super Good Magic Comedy Show

Magician Christian Manahl, winner of the Midwest Championship of Comedy Magic and the PCAM Comedy Magic Competition, comes to the Ames City Auditorium on May 25.

His show will begin around 7 p.m. and last until about 9 p.m. The show is good for all ages since it is “silly irrelevant humor,” according to Discord Illusions. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m. You can purchase tickets here. Tickets for general admission cost $25 per person or $15 for children under 12.

ISU Theater Plays

“The Crucible” will be performed by ISU Theater from April 18 to 28. The play, which takes place during the Salem Witch Trials, is being shown at the Fisher Theatre.

The play is also being performed in repertory with “John Proctor is the Villain.” General admission is $20, and Iowa State students and children get in for free. The next performance of both plays is at 7:30 p.m. April 27, and the final performance is at 3 p.m. April 28.