New Additions to Business Week

Matt Rezab

Gerdin is home to Iowa State’s Ivy College of Business. 2019 Business Week will be Sept. 16 through Sept. 20.

Kirstie Martin, and Jared Coady

Iowa State Ivy College of Business’ Business Week aims to celebrate the College of Business and create an interface between students and employers before the annual career fair.

This year’s Business Week will be held from Sept. 17 to Sept. 21 and the Business, Industry and Technology Career Fair will be held from noon to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 26 at Hilton Coliseum.

Every year, a team of students work to pack the week full of beneficial and fun events for College of Business students. Casey Cunningham, senior in finance and president of the Business Council, is a student representative who helped put the week together.

By being a student representative, Cunningham said he gets to be a voice for students in how the week is planned. 

“This year, a few things have changed after hearing some things that students didn’t care for last year. I get to be apart of enacting that change,” Cunningham said.

There are many events going on throughout the week as well as free giveaways such as coffee, snacks, a barbeque lunch and t-shirts.

New additions to Business Week this year include networking night and student organization showdown.

Cunningham said he is most excited for the student organization showdown, as the new event provides organizations the opportunity to win extra funds to use at their discretion.

“It is a good opportunity and a fun atmosphere, and it also encourages students to be involved in a student organization, which has proven to be an important factor when preparing for a career,” Cunningham said. 

Correction: The date of the Business, Industry and Technology Career Fair was previously listed as taking place on Sept. 21, when the correct date is Sept.26. The Daily regrets this error.