Destination Iowa State location moved due to rain

Mikinna Kerns/Iowa State Daily

Students stand outside in the rain along Lincoln Way on Thursday, Aug. 16, 2018. 

Isd News Staff

Destination Iowa State sessions will be moved indoors due to rain, according to the Iowa State Office of Admissions. 

Check-in will stay in the same location, the Scheman Building. Check-in begins at 5 p.m. and goes until 6:30 p.m.

After check-in, “The Center of ExCYtment,” which was supposed to take place in the Scheman Courtyard, will now be held in Hilton Coliseum from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

All events will continue as planned, according to the Office of Admissions, except for this location change. 

After The Center of ExCYtment, students will stay in Hilton Coliseum for “Destination Iowa State Kickoff,” which is set to begin at 7:15 p.m. 

Brittney Rutherford, marketing coordinator for Iowa State University Department of Residence, said students moving back may face some issues moving in, but will be able to move in at a later time if necessary.

“I’m assuming people are doing the best they can and working through the breaks in the rain,” Rutherford said. “If people looked at the forecast and decided they want to move in at a later date we will be accommodating with that.”  

Rutherford said 22 percent of the 11,500 expected residents still have to move in.