Alice Wetterlund and Pete Davidson to perform at ISU AfterDark

Amy+Wetterlund

Courtesy of SUB

Amy Wetterlund

Emily.Urban.Com

Pete Davidson, known for his performances on Saturday Night Live and Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and Alice Wetterlund, known for her performances on Silicon Valley and Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, are set to perform this Friday at ISU After Dark.

Set to perform first, Alice Wetterlund is a stand up comedian and actress originally from Minneapolis. According to her interview for Serial Optimist, Wetterlund began doing improv in 2008 while attending college at UCB. After five years “pretending to be an artist,” she began performing comedy.

“When I began performing comedy, it was so obvious to me that it was what I was meant to do that I was mad at myself for not getting into it earlier, but then I convinced myself that I wouldn’t have been ready at any other time, which may be true,” Wetterlund told Serial Optimist.

From performing in an auditorium at her college to landing a role on Silicon Valley, Wetterlund has maintained a feminist identity along with her career. In her interview with Serial Optimist, Wetterlund explored her opinions on controversial topics in comedy.

I think so-called activists need to stop recording in comedy clubs and taking quotes out of context. Also, if you can’t go to a comedy show without getting offended or yelling at the comedian, you should stop going to comedy shows. It’s like blaming the rollercoaster for making you puke,” Wetterlund said.

Pete Davidson is set to close out the night. According to Rolling Stone, Davidson was known as the “Resident Young Person” upon his start on Saturday Night Live. Performing on topic such as drugs, weed and sex, Davidson moved onto darker topics in his stand up.

According to an interview with GQ, Davidson reveled that he never felt famous, and that his new status as the fiance to Ariana Grande has changed the way people view him, stating that GQ would not have “hit [him] up.” 

“I gotta tell you, up until about two months ago, if someone wrote about me, I saw it,” he said to GQ. “Nobody gave a sh*t two months ago, so anytime there was an article, I would obviously see it, because my mom would send it to me and be like, ‘Yaaay!'”

As for the future of this comedian’s career, he is currently shooting a movie, “Big Time Adolescence,” and tying the knot with his famous fiancee, reports GQ.

In addition to Davidson’s and Wetterlund’s comedy sets, there are many other games and activities available to students. The Workspace will have a craft workshop open where students can make mini palette coasters. Students can also win prizes playing bingo, go bowling, take green screen photos, all while eating free Panda Express.  

Alice Wetterlund performs at 9 p.m. and Pete Davidson performs at 11 p.m. Both acts are free admission to Iowa State students and take place in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.