StuGov agenda: Last meeting of current session, ASSET contract up for discussion

Student Government senate meetings take place every Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.

Alex Connor

The current administration will convene for its last Senate meeting of the semester Wednesday evening.

Despite nearly $2,000 in student organization funding requests, the majority of the agenda items are dedicated to internal matters such as improvements to the Student Government bylaws, support of a more sustainable campus as well as the codification of two new committees.

Additionally, the Senate will discuss ratifying the Fiscal Year 2019 ASSET contracts that services multiple agencies in the community. Student Government has funded ASSET since 2007.

For new business, in which second read will need to be waived in order for the Senate to debate the bill Wednesday, is the addition of responsibilities to the vice speaker position. If passed, the vice speaker will be required to send a weekly report of Senate and Cabinet happenings to the Senate and Cabinet. 

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. Meetings take place in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.