Third candidate announced for Iowa State Extension and Outreach vice president

Jane Clary Loveless was presented as the third candidate for Iowa State University’s Extension and Outreach vice president. She will be coming to Iowa State’s campus on Monday to hold an open forum in the Memorial Union.

Courtesy of Iowa State Extension and Outreach

Jillian Alt

Clary Loveless is the national program Leader for nutrition and extension for the National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA), which is a program under the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).

Her open forum will be held in the Sun Room of the Memorial Union on Monday from 3 to 4 p.m.

For over two decades, she has worked as a professor at Purdue University, which is also where she received four degrees — an associate’s degree in nursing, a bachelor’s in clinical psychology and general psychology, a master’s in health promotion and education, and a doctorate in adult education, curriculum, and instruction.

Clary Loveless is involved in a number of projects at USDA, including Community Food Projects, the Food Insecurity Nutrition Incentive Program, as well as co-leading the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) Childhood Obesity Prevention Program.

Should she get the position, she will take office July 1, 2018, and until then the office is held by interim Vice President John D. Lawrence.