StuGov agenda: Multiple funding requests, confirming a Supreme Court Chief Justice

Zoey Shipley, speaker of the senate, speaks at the Student Government meeting on Aug. 23, 2017. 

Alex Connor

The Student Government senate will debate several funding requests during its meeting Wednesday night, as well as a resolution requesting a mental health statement on class syllabi.

In addition to the funding, the senate will also discuss seating senators to IRHA, the Panhellenic Council and the Human Sciences Council. A new Supreme Court Chief Justice may be confirmed, as well.

Funding requests include:

• $5,000 to the Iowa State Sparkles Squad for new uniforms and supplies for the semester
  • $339 to the Iowa State Chess Club for more chess boards and chess clocks due to increased membership in the organization
  • $1,195 to the ISU Weight Club to replace stolen equipment
  • and $206 to the Odyssey of the Mind for advertising expenses

The senate will also debate a resolution requesting a mental health syllabus requirement that had been postponed at a previous Student Government meeting.

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.