CyRide reroutes detour for construction

Courtesy of CyRide

Detour Routes June 2017

Maggie Curry

Detours around Bissel Road construction will reroute several CyRide routes for the month of June, beginning June 12.

As a result, all routes typically traveling along Bissell will be rerouted to either Sheldon – without temporary bus stops – or Morrill Road. All bus stops on Bissell are closed (#1122 Sweeney, #1123 Coover, #1092 Howe). 

Additionally bus stops on the north side of Osborn by Gilman Hall #1090 and the Armory #1091 will be closed as well due to the detour, according to CyRide’s website.

Transfers typically occurring at Beyer Hall/State Gym will be made one block west of Beyer Hall/State Gym on West Street (#1208 or #1178).

If you need additional assistance in finding a bus stop for your trip into ISU campus during this detour, give CyRide a call at 292-1100.

Specifically, the routes will detour as follows (taken from CyRide website):

• #1A Red:  Normal route to West Street (one block west of Beyer Hall/State Gym – make necessary transfers on West St.), continue west on Union past Bissell Rd to Lake Laverne, west on Union to the Memorial Union, west on Union to Wallace Rd, north on Wallace to Osborn, west on Osborn to Morrill, south on Morrill to Union, west on Union past Lake Laverne, west on Union to West St (one block west of Beyer Hall) and make transfers, west on West to Campus Ave, south on Campus to Lincoln Way, west on Lincoln Way and resume normal route.  
  • #2 Green East:  Normal route to West/Hyland, make any necessary transfers on West, north on Sheldon to Pammel, east on Pammel to Bissell, south on Bissell to Osborn, east on Osborn and resume normal route. 
  • #2 Green West: Normal route to Kildee Hall on Osborn Dr., west on Osborn to Morrill Rd., south on Morrill Rd to Union, west on Union past Lake Laverne, west on Union to Beyer Hall and resume normal route.
  • #3 Blue North:  Normal route to Student Services on Union, west on Union to Sheldon, north on Sheldon to Pammel, east on Pammel to Bissell, south on Bissell to Osborn Dr., east on Osborn and resume normal route.
  • #3 Blue South: Normal route to Kildee Hall on Osborn Dr., west on Osborn to Morrill Rd., south on Morrill Rd to Union, west on Union past Lake Laverne, south on Welch Rd. to Lincoln Way and resume normal route. 
  • #6 Brown North: Normal route to Student Services on Union, west on Union to Sheldon, north on Sheldon to Pammel, east on Pammel to Bissell, south on Bissell to Osborn Dr., east on Osborn and resume normal route.
  • #6 Brown South: Normal route to Kildee Hall on Osborn Dr., west on Osborn to Morrill Rd., south on Morrill Rd to Union, west on Union past Lake Laverne, south on Welch Rd. and resume normal route.
  • #6B Brown:  Normal route to Student Services on Union, west on Union to Sheldon, north on Sheldon to Pammel, south on Pammel to Osborn, east on Osborn and resume normal route.
  • #7 Purple:  Normal route to Kildee Hall on Osborn Dr., west on Osborn to Morrill Rd., south on Morrill Rd to Union, west on Union past Lake Laverne, west on Union to West St (one block west of Beyer Hall) and make transfers, west on West to Campus Ave, south on Campus to Lincoln Way, west on Lincoln Way and resume normal route.