Mother’s Day weekend at Reiman Gardens

Jill O'Brien

It’s that time of year again – the time for fresh flowers and reminding our moms just how much they mean to us. Put these two together, and you get Mother’s Day events at Reiman Gardens. Check out the events being held at the Gardens over this Mother’s Day weekend. 

Friday, May 12th-Sunday, May 14th

Spring Fling Weekend

A spring celebration at Reiman Gardens, with events like the Plant Sale Extravaganza and free admission for moms on Mother’s Day.

Saturday, May 13th

Bag-O-Bulbs Sale 

9:00 A.M-11:00 A.M, or until bulbs run out

If you love all of the tulips planted at Reiman Gardens, you can purchase some of their tulip bulbs for your own garden at a discounted price. Bags are pre-filled and cost $10, cash or checks only. 

Plant Sale Extravaganza

9:00 A.M-6:00 P.M

The Plant Sale Extravaganza benefits a number of on campus groups, like the Department of Ecology, Evolution and Organismal Biology Graduate Student Organization, the Graduate Student Horticulture Society and the Horticulture Club, as well as community organizations like the Story County Master Gardener Association and Reiman Gardens. Purchases made at the event directly benefit these groups. 

Continues 10:00 A.M-3:00 P.M on Sunday, May 14th. 

Sunday, May 14th

Mother’s Day

9:00 A.M-6:00 P.M

All moms get into Reiman Gardens free of charge on Mother’s Day. 

Wet Felting

1:00 P.M-3:00 P.M

Fiber artist Betty Chamness Trost will teach participants how to make a fiber landscape from wool roving. The project involves layering colored wool and yarn scraps or embellishments, then wetting the piece and letting it dry and shrink for a week. 

All materials are provided. Cost is $44 for members, $55 for the general public and $37.40 for ISU students.