International Student Council applications due Friday

Michaela Ramm

The last day to apply to be a member of the International Student Council at Iowa State is Friday.

The International Student Council (ISC) is accepting applications until Friday for open executive council positions. All students, either international or domestic-born, are welcome to apply.

In order to apply, undergraduate students must have at least a 2.5 GPA, and graduate students must have at least a 3.0. 

ISC is the largest multicultural student organization on campus that, according to the council’s website, is a subdivision of International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) and works as an umbrella organization for other international student organizations.

The council organizes events such as the International Welcome Picnic, International Week, World Soccer Tournament and International Food Fair, according to the ISC website. Not only that, but the council also collaborates with other international/multicultural student organizations as part of its General Assembly.

Applications can be filled out and turned in at this website: isc.stuorg.iastate.edu/application-for-international-student-council-positions-2016-17.

For any questions, students are encouraged to email ISC President Ras Atiqah at [email protected].