Open forum to discuss university strategic plan

Michaela Ramm

An open forum for the university’s latest strategic plan will be hosted from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Thursday on campus. 

The open forum, which will be located in the Gallery of the Memorial Union, will discuss the first draft of Iowa State’s strategic plan for the fiscal years of 2017 through 2022.

Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend the open forum to review and provide input on the strategic plan.

The first draft of the university’s strategic plan was released Wednesday in an email sent out campus-wide by President Steven Leath, which states that the plan “will position the University for excellence in academics, research, service, economic development, and the overall Iowa State experience.”

The draft can be found at www.president.iastate.edu/sites/default/files/sp/2017-2022/publicDraft1.pdf

The latest strategic plan for Iowa State has been considered by administration and university students, faculty and staff since work began on the plan on Oct. 22, 2014.

For more information about the timeline of the university’s strategic plan, visit the website at www.president.iastate.edu/sp/2017next

A second open forum for the draft of the plan will take place from noon to 1:30 p.m. April 5.

Comments may also be submitted on the online comment form at www.president.iastate.edu/sp/2017next/comments/draft