Fashion Show preview

Camila Cervantes

Apparel, merchandising and design students work hard every year to create the ISU Fashion Show. The event provides students a great opportunity to demonstrate their hard work and allows attendees to see what the students have created. Other fun and interesting events leading up to The Fashion Show help set the stage for the big event.

A “Meet the Judges” event will take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at Reiman Gardens. 

The event will offer an opportunity for people to meet all of the judges who are selected by the design directors and listen to them talk about their experiences. Everyone is welcomed to attend and network with the judges.

In addition to the “Meet the Judges” event, each day during the week of April 4-8 will feature a different theme: Kick Start Monday, Travel Tuesday, We Care Wednesday and Namaste Thursday. Fashion Week will conclude with the pop-up shop, which will be located in a mysterious location on campus. 

Fashion’s Night Out will celebrate all of the hard work of the directors and members from 7 to 9 p.m. April 8 at the Gateway Hotel. 

The Fashion Show will take place April 9 at Stephens Auditorium and feature “The Roaring Revival” theme. Students from any major can submit garments to be judged and included in The Fashion Show. Designers will receive awards for their creations at the end of the show. This year’s Fashion Show will also include an appearance from a guest designer at Vineyard Vines.

Tickets for The Fashion Show are on sale and can be purchased at the Iowa State Center ticket office. Prices are $16 for students, $22 for adults and $20 for groups of six or more.