President Steven Leath welcomes students to orientation

Richard Martinez/Iowa State Daily

Iowa State President Steven Leath in Sept. 2014.

Welcome students and families to Iowa State University orientation. I am thrilled with your decision to become a part of the ISU family.

As you explore our beautiful campus and get ready for classes this fall, I hope that you will take every advantage of the aspects that make our university so special.

Our academic programs are some of the best in the nation – boasting opportunities for students to learn and grow through rigorous coursework, research projects, internships, learning communities, and international study. You will learn from faculty who are renowned in their fields. They’re not only educators; they’re mentors and advisers who are eager to help you identify and accomplish your goals. We also continue to make investments in our facilities to ensure they are student-centered and state-of-the-art while maintaining the distinct features that complement our landmark campus.

Beyond the classroom, I encourage you to get involved in one of our 800 clubs and organizations; attend athletic, musical, and theater events; and visit the university’s museums and art exhibits. These activities and experiences are sure to enrich your overall college adventure.

Another one of the exciting aspects of college is the chance to meet new people and develop new relationships. Our students, faculty and staff come to Iowa State from all over Iowa, the nation and the world. The diversity of our campus provides opportunities to gain new perspective and develop a true appreciation for the differences that make us unique and the similarities that will forever connect us as Iowa Staters.

If you need any help making a successful transition to Iowa State University, please don’t hesitate to ask; we are all here to help.

I look forward to seeing you on campus this fall! Go Cyclones!

Steven Leath

President