College students: The tech you need

source: http://cdn2.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/college-student-300x199.jpg

by Shelby Kramer, [email protected]

source: http://cdn2.business2community.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/college-student-300×199.jpg

Shelby Kramer

Tablet

Textbooks are heavy, leisure books can be a pain in the butt to lug around and hauling around a digital camera to take pictures of class notes and/or slides makes you look strange. Here’s the compromise: invest in a tablet. You can type out your notes, snap pics when needed, search the web, play Candy Crush during class and whatever else. Granted, you can do much of that on your cell phone, but the small screen can get to be annoying. Tablets are a good compromise between physical books, your smaller phone screen and a true blue laptop.

Laptop lock

Laptop locks are an uncommon necessity. Not many students take the time to research the benefits of having such a lovely product. You’re going to the bathroom, you’re running to the stacks to grab a different book or you’re called to the other side of the room by a friend of yours. Anyway you shape it, your beloved laptop holds the risk of being nabbed. Protect your tech with a laptop lock. You won’t regret added security.

Portable charger

We’ve all been there: dead phone, nothing to take your attention, you’re at the mercy of your fellow travelers. What a nightmare. You take a nappy, forget to plug your phone in and BAM you oversleep. In an unfamiliar neighborhood? Oh gosh, your phone is dead. What now? Well a portable charger helps. It’s a battery pack that plugs into your phone and voila, your phone charges. Good thing is the battery pack charges the same as your phone, so it’s especially convenient.

Flash drive 

You’ll hear of countless articles stating that flash drives are a thing of the past. That may be true, but it doesn’t necessarily mean they’re obsolete. It’s a good idea to have a flash drive stored away for those weird situations in which a flash drive can save your day.  Whether its to hold a backup of a file or to transfer documents, a flash drive can be a valuable tool.

External hard drive

Think of all the stuff on your computer, and think of how hard it would be to say goodbye to it all. Music, videos, pictures and everything could be lost at the influx of a nasty virus. Purchase an external hard drive to keep a copy of all your stuff in case you lose everything.

Bluetooth speaker

Everything is so serious nowadays that it’s good to relax. Listen to some tunes with your handy dandy Bluetooth speaker. In fact, nab a wireless, portable one that you can take on the go. Whether you’re hitting the beach, going out for a round of disc golf or walking on campus, the right Bluetooth speaker can be a blessing and a good investment.