DCT: GSB candidate platforms

Dan Breithbarth, presidental candidate; and Megan Sweere, vice-presidental candidate.

OVERCROWDING

The candidates are seeking solutions in overall infrastructure on campus, which includes parking, Cyride and bike share, and dining area seating. They hope to work with student organizations to sell food outside to students.

VEISHA

They hope to create a multi-collegiate event that will capture the spirit of VEISHA, and plan to do so by expanding current campus events.

SCHEDULING FEES

Breithbarth and Sweere do not see this as a major problem, but are willing to address the issue if there is enough student support.

LIBRARY 160

The candidates hope to reconstruct the class, due to the number of student complaints.

Amanda Loomis, presidental candidate; and Kathryn Leidahl, vice-presidental candidate. 

OVERCROWDING

They hope to create short-term “band-aid” fixes for the issue, such as utilizing space in the Memorial Union and fixing the issue of dining center seating. They also hope to keep students informed of all long-term solutions administration is making.

VEISHA

Loomis and Leidahl have been working with past VEISHA executives and university leadership to create another campus-wide event, while maintaining concern for safety.

SCHEDULING FEES

The candidates believe students should not have to spend money to add or drop a class, but instead hope to pursue avenues for solutions. Their options are including the price into overall student fees or allocating funds from elsewhere.

LIBRARY 160

Loomis and Leidahl hope to do away with library 160, and instead incorporate the topics into introductory class and the MyState app. 

To read the full story, click here.