Seanna Johnson earns fifth Big 12 Freshman of the Week award

Miranda Cantrell/Iowa State Daily

Freshman guard Seanna Johnson looks to score during the game against the Texas Longhorns at Hilton Coliseum on Saturday, Feb. 22. After a slow start, the Cyclones offense picked up and went neck-and-neck with the Longhorns until they hit a 13-0 run to pick up the lead. They took the win 81-64, putting Iowa State at 18-8 and 7-8 in the Big 12.

Dylan Montz

Another week brings another award for Seanna Johnson.

The ISU freshman guard picked up her fifth Big 12 Freshman of the Week award, the league announced Monday.

Johnson earned the award in back-to-back weeks on Nov. 25 and Dec. 2, and has done it again this week after being named the Co-Freshman of the Week last Monday. The remaining award came on Jan. 13.

In two games last week at No. 5 Baylor and at home against Texas, Johnson averaged 11.5 points and six rebounds. She led the Cyclones against the Lady Bears with a team-high 12 points and four rebounds.

Against the Longhorns, a 17-point win by Iowa State, Johnson poured in 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds.

Iowa State will be back in action against Oklahoma State at 7 p.m. Wednesday in Stillwater, Okla.