Welcome Back from Wendy Wintersteen

news.wintersteen_mug.jpg

news.wintersteen_mug.jpg

Welcome to Iowa State University and the start of a new academic year! 

We are so pleased to have you as part of the Iowa State Community – a vibrant, supportive community energized by cutting-edge research, a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation, 135 majors, exciting intramural and Big 12 sports, and 900 student clubs where you can find your passion and make new friends.  

From engineering to music and theater, animal science to kinesiology, cyber security to graphic design – Iowa State is the place to explore your interests, challenge yourself, and make a difference. We encourage you to take advantage of life-changing opportunities both inside and outside the classroom – study abroad, learning communities, undergraduate research projects, service learning, and entrepreneurial activities – just to name a few. 

Students from all 99 counties in Iowa, all 50 states, and more than 100 countries choose Iowa State University for their education. We want all students to have the opportunity to achieve their full potential in a welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment. As Cyclones, we believe in the Principles of Community: respect, purpose, cooperation, richness of diversity, freedom from discrimination, and the honest and respectful expression of ideas. 

Iowa State is internationally recognized for its beautiful campus and its outstanding teaching, research, and extension and outreach programs. Above all, we strive to be a caring community, where students thrive.

Enjoy your Iowa State adventure and Go Cyclones!

Wendy Wintersteen

President