Bingley leaving ISU women’s basketball team

photo: Jonathan Krueger/Iowa State Daily

Freshman guard Emiah Bingley drives around Anna Prins against North Dakota on Nov. 18 at Hilton Coliseum. Bingley led the Cyclones in number of 2-point field goals against North Dakota.

Alex Halsted

Emiah Bingley, a freshman guard on the ISU women’s basketball team, is transferring from Iowa State, the team announced Wednesday. 

“Emiah informed me of her decision to transfer at the conclusion of the fall semester to a program that will be a better fit for her personally and on the basketball court,” said ISU coach Bill Fennelly in a statement. “We wish her the best in the future.”

Bingley had played in all seven games this season, averaging 19 minutes and five points per game. The freshman started in two games in the absence of starting point guard Nikki Moody. 

The Cyclones will likely have freshman Nicole Blaskowsky play more minutes at point guard when Moody is on the bench. This season Blaskowsky is averaging 23.7 minutes and six points per game. 

Iowa State (6-1) will next play on Monday against in-state rival Northern Iowa in Cedar Falls. Tipoff for that game is scheduled for 7 p.m.