Bar basics

Mickey’s Irish Pub has a patio it opens up when the weather is warm.

Cody Gredell

Outlaws

Maybe most known for its “country theme,” Outlaws is one of the favorite stops for ISU students. Thursday through Saturtday, Outlaws opens up its infamous dance floor where patrons can pretzel to some of today’s top country hits. Outlaws is one of the participants of Mug Night and has a variety of beer on tap.

Welch Ave. Station

If you prefer just to sit down with some close friends to enjoy a drink, Welch Ave. Station may be the place for you.

Located under Pizza Pit on Welch, of-age students can go on a Wednesday night and enjoy a pint of one of Olde Main’s brews or perhaps a $2 pint of Newcastle, a great beer at a cost-friendly price.

Welch Ave. Station offers a sit down atmosphere opposed to the get-up-and-go atmosphere of some of Welch’s other bars.

Sips

If dancing is your thing, you could feel right at home at Sips.

Located on Welch, just under Paddy’s, Sips is one of the top places to be to close out a night of bar hopping.

With its large dance floor and bass thumping speakers, Sips provides a great atmosphere to “shake what your momma gave you.”

Sips is also one of the participants of Mug Night and has a variety of beer on tap.

London Underground

Want a change of pace from the bustle of Welch? The British-style London Underground is a destination for you. Located on Main Street, the London Under-

ground offers a plethora of imported beers and other specialty drinks, if you happen to be downtown on a night out.

Mickey’s Irish Pub

With its seemingly bottomless bowl of Dum-Dum Pops and self-serve hotdog station, Mickey’s offers an Irish pub atmosphere as well as a giant moose with an apparent bra fetish. Mickey’s also has karaoke Tuesday nights, and manager Thomas Oxenford recommends their mix of Jameson and ginger ale.

Charlie Yoke’s

New to Campustown, Charlie Yoke’s is filling the space once occupied by Head-liners. Yoke’s promises a relaxed atmosphere with a variety of live music.

wa State students. Thursday through Saturday Outlaws opens up its infamous dance floor where patrons can pretzel to some of today’s top country hits. Outlaws is one of the participants of Mug Night and has a variety of beer on tap.

Welch Ave. Station

If you prefer just to sit down with some close friends to enjoy a drink, Welch Ave. Station may be the place for you. Located under Pizza Pit on Welch, of-age students can go on a Wednesday night and enjoy a pint of one of Olde Main’s brews or perhaps a $2 pint of Newcastle, a great beer at a cost-friendly price. Welch Ave. Station offers a sit down atmosphere versus the get-up-and-go atmosphere of some of Welch’s other bars.

Sips

If dancing is your thing, you could feel right at home at Sips. Located on Welch, just under Paddy’s, Sips is one of the top places to be to close out a night of bar hopping. With its large dance floor and bass thumping speakers, Sips provides a great atmosphere to “shake what your momma gave you.” Sips is also one of the participants of Mug Night and has a variety of beer on tap.

London Underground

Want a change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Welch? The British-style London Underground might be one of the destinations for you. Located on Main Street in downtown Ames, The London Underground offers a plethora of imported beers and other great selections of drinks, if you happen to find yourself downtown on a night out.

Mickey’s Irish Pub

St. Patty’s Day not enough for you? Well, you may find yourself at home at Mickey’s on Welch. With its seemingly bottomless bowl of Dum-Dum Pops and self serve hotdog station, Mickey’s offers an Irish pub atmosphere as well as a giant moose with an apparent bra fetish. Mickey’s also offers karaoke on Tuesday night and manager Thomas Oxenford recommends their Jamison and ginger ale.

Charlie Yoke’s

New to Campustown this fall is Charlie Yoke’s, filling in the space once occupied by Headliner’s. Yoke’s promises to cater to all your needs with a wider selection of beer and liquor than Headliner’s and a more relaxed atmosphere with a variety of live music. Owner Jason Crimminis and staff recommend the bar’s fish bowls to their hopeful patrons.