Favorite Homecoming memories

Ismael Pinto

Alumni relations co-chairman for

Homecoming Central Committee,

sophomore in psychology

Favorite Memory: Yell Like Hell

“Coming from Puerto Rico, I’d never seen a big Homecoming celebration like that before. It was a big shock — a shocking but great experience. That was part of the reason I decided to get involved this year.”

Luke Roling

President of the student body,

senior in chemical engineering

Favorite Memory: Lawn Displays

“I flatout refuse to miss the Homecoming lawn displays on Friday night. Even when it was cold and rainy two years ago, I still took to the streets and enjoyed the uniqueness of the displays.”

Nate Dobbels

Homecoming king,

senior in agriculture education and

international agriculture

Favorite Memory: Victory Lane

“My favorite Homecoming memory comes each year watching lawn displays and walking down the painted Victory Lane.”

Alex Menard

Homecoming Central Committee

general co-chairwoman,

senior in anthropology and Spanish

Favorite Memory: Food on Campus

“Last year it was typical Homecoming weather — cold, rainy, and windy — and on Thursday or Friday during Food on Campus, the sun broke through the clouds. It was beautiful. I don’t want to sound cheesy, but it was a nice break, and made the rest of the week OK. Food on Campus is one of my favorite events — its neat to see all kinds of students come through to celebrate Homecoming.”

Kurt Beyer

faculty advisor for Homecoming Central Committee

Favorite Memory: Fireworks

“Its a great show, and we’ve done them for years and years. Thousands of students come out, so it’s one of my favorite events each year. Plus, there’s pride in maintaining that tradition of fireworks on Central Campus.”

Paul Rhoads

Football coach

Favorite Memory: Mums

“Buying a Homecoming mum and presenting it to my wife.”

Jeff Johnson

president of the Alumni Association

Favorite Memory: Buttons

“My favorite memory is clearly the Homecoming button.  The stories, conversations, and memories these buttons invoke are simply awesome.  My goal as president of the ISU Alumni Association is to one day have a complete collection of these buttons on display at the ISU Alumni Center.  Got one? Send it my way.”