Husker offense too much for Cyclones, Iowa State loses 4-1

Cory Weaver

Morgan Marlborough and Jordan Jackson made their presence known Friday afternoon, as they either scored or assisted in each of Nebraska’s four goals on Friday to give the Cyclones their third consecutive loss.

Sophomore forward Marlborough scored the first goal of the game to put the Huskers up 1-0, after she came in from the right side and put the ball over Cyclone freshman keeper Maddie Jobe in the 27th minute.

Just four minutes later, redshirt freshman Stacy Bartels added to the Nebraska lead with a header off a corner kick.

Cyclone freshman midfielder Emily Goldstein put Iowa State back in contention with a shot from 15 yards out that got past Husker keeper Emma Stevens in the 38th minute.

Goldstein’s goal proved to be the last of the offense from Iowa State as Marlborough scored again in the 73rd minute off a center pass from sophomore forward Jordan Jackson to put Nebraska up 3-1.

The Cornhuskers sealed the game in the 77th minute after Jackson scored from 10 yards out to give Nebraska the three-goal lead.

Nebraska out-shot Iowa State 25-11 on the game and had 10 corner kicks to the Cyclones’ four.

After the loss, Iowa State’s record is 6-6-2, 1-3-0 in the Big 12, and Nebraska improves to 10-4-0 and 3-2-0 in the conference.

Iowa State’s next game is at 2 p.m. against Colorado in Boulder, Colo. on Sunday.