We want you!

School is, once again, in session. Classes have begun, studying is breaking out all over campus, and the Daily is in production. From today until the rest of the year, we will be working to publish daily news, sports, opinions and anything else you may care to read.

We need your help, though. This year there have been a lot of new ideas put into action, and a good number of features are being completely rebuilt from the ground up. Our Editorial Board is one of these features. We need students, readers and community members to come and participate — to discuss issues relevant to all of our lives and to write editorials about them and get the information out there.

Something we’ve always tried to do with our editorials is represent the voice of the student body. It seems natural — we’re a student newspaper run by students and written for students. In the past, however, our Editorial Board has fallen to the wayside and has been dominated only by the Daily’s writers and columnists, a small group of students not necessarily representative of the whole student body’s thoughts on something important. That’s why we’re changing things now. We want your input, your thoughts and your presence in our editorials.

Got an original political viewpoint? Come to us. Something in the university’s policy that you think should be discussed? Join the board. This is an open invitation, a call, a challenge to you, the students of Iowa State. Join the Editorial Board; get your voice out there with our paper. Be the voice of Iowa State like only ISU students can.

We’re building from the ground up. When you decide to help, you’ll be joining your voice with fellow members of the student body from every college. You’ll be discussing the issues with faculty, Government of the Student Body members and Ames community figures. Getting your ideas out there, to those who need to hear them, is the reason for this board to exist.

Bottom line, we all have issues we’d like to discuss. The Daily is a great way to get a discussion going, and the Editorial Board’s job is to discuss your issues. If you think you can help, send in a letter, call or e-mail. We want you.