ALEX dev K READ Orientation Guide: Letter from Austin Graber

Newly elected Student Government President Austin Graber was confirmed by the Senate April 17 during the Student Government meeting.

Austin Graber

Hello Cyclones!

Welcome to the Cyclone Family! I couldn’t be more excited to welcome you to Iowa State! My name is Austin Graber, and I am the Student Body President here at Iowa State University.

By choosing Iowa State, you have chosen a unique place that truly embodies and pushes for both your personal and professional success in whatever area you choose. Your fellow classmates, professors, and staff are here for you, and we all want you to truly enjoy your Cyclone adventure.

Here at Iowa State, you have a group of fellow classmates that want to help voice your concerns and ideas and help you out in order to make your Iowa State experience the best it can be. This group of students is Student Government. Each student at Iowa State is represented by Student Government in two different ways: college and residency. You can contact your representatives simply by visiting the Student Government website. If you are interested in joining Student Government, please consider joining one of our committees as an At-Large! I started as an At-Large my freshman year, and it gave me great insights as to what our university does and what Student Government is all about.

Even if it’s not Student Government, I encourage you to join a student organization on campus. We have over 850 clubs and organizations on campus, but if there still isn’t one for you, you can always create your own through the Student Activity Center!

I want to thank you for choosing to be a part of the Cyclone Family and for calling Iowa State your home. I am thrilled to see where your adventure takes you, and I can’t wait to see you on campus this Fall!

Go Cyclones!