Ausenhus resigns as IRHA VP

Amie Van Overmeer

Brant Ausenhus will not be presiding at tonight’s Inter-Residence Hall Association meeting. He announced his resignation as IRHA vice president at last week’s meeting.

Ausenhus, sophomore in pre-architecture, resigned because of academic reasons.

“I just wanted to get a better handle on my grades this semester,” he said.

If he sees an improvement in his grades, Ausenhus might run for the position next semester.

“Hopefully I will, but I can’t say that for sure,” he said.

Ausenhus served as IRHA’s director of conferences last year.

IRHA is working to fill the open vice president position. Interviews will be held on Sunday, and the following Thursday the new vice president will be seated.

The rest of the representative seats that were empty last week should be filled for tonight’s meeting, said IRHA President David Sims.

Randy Alexander, director of residence, also will be on hand at tonight’s meeting. He also was the guest speaker at last week’s IRHA meeting.

Last week, he spent two and a half hours clarifying issues surrounding the Department of Residence’s Master Plan and answering questions posed by the IRHA parliament.

“He will probably follow up with previous questions he didn’t have answers for, as well as current issues,” said Sims, junior in mechanical engineering.

Sims said Alexander also will be interested in getting feedback from IRHA members on residence hall issues.

Also on the IRHA agenda is a resolution to form a joint committee of Government of the Student Body senators and IRHA representatives. The committee plans to review the Department of Residence’s budget.

Sims said Alexander probably will discuss the committee with IRHA members.