Students line up for Veishea tickets

Kristin Guiter

Tickets for Veishea Center Stage and Dew the Rec went on sale Saturday to Iowa State students exclusively, and officials say the sales are going well.

The response from students has been positive for both events, said Matt Schaefer, Veishea entertainment committee co-chairman.

“Ticket sales have exceeded our expectations,” he said.

The bands Goo Goo Dolls and The New Radicals are performing for Veishea Center Stage, and comedian Dave Chappelle is headlining Dew the Rec.

Tickets for the events were made available at noon on Saturday. Students were allowed to begin lining up at the Iowa State Center ticket office in Stephens Auditorium at 10 a.m.

Sara Huber, advertising coordinator for the Iowa State Center, said between 300 and 400 students were waiting in line to purchase tickets Saturday morning.

“We were the only outlet selling tickets — giving students a good opportunity to get good seats,” she said. “They seemed to be excited about it.”

Tickets went on sale to Ames residents, ISU alumni, faculty and staff on Monday morning.

Students still were booking tickets steadily in the box office Monday, as were the other members of the “Cyclone Family,” Huber said.

“A steady stream of Ames community members and alumni have purchased a number of tickets during the last two days,” said Schaefer, junior in agricultural business.

Huber credited the increase in ticket sales this year to the popularity of the Goo Goo Dolls.

Dew the Rec tickets are general admission, but Veishea Center Stage tickets are reserved seating.

“Veishea Center Stage is reserved seating, so we are encouraging people to buy their tickets as early as possible,” Schaefer said.

Although sales have been successful so far, Schaefer said good seats are still available.

“We would like to remind students that tickets will be on sale up until the night of the show or until it is sold out,” he said.

Tickets are $7.50 for ISU students. Each student is allowed one guest ticket for $15.

Guests must be escorted by an ISU student in order to be admitted to the Veishea entertainment events.

Students must have their ISUCards and student fee cards to purchase tickets.

Ames residents are required to present valid ID of Ames residency at time of purchase. Faculty, staff and alumni must have ISU identification.