Hamilton and Nimmer: you’re fired

Carmen Cerra

Gold’s little errand boys have spoken. So long to my support of Hamilton and Nimmer. It sounds as though that they have some kind of personal vendetta against Wiese, McLaren, and (Jeremy) Williams. And they threaten to influence the Senate!? Let the Senate be reminded of Wiese’s words: “The Senate represents the STUDENTS,” not Hamilton and Nimmer.

I don’t know what kind of bad P.R. Hamilton and Nimmer have on Williams that should make them disapprove of the appointment, but I have researched a little and can bring you some reasons of why Mr. Williams is qualified.

Jeremy Williams has been on the GSB senate for a year as well as TRA president for two. He is on the Board of Directors of the Daily as well as in the Daily’s finance committee. He is the Treasurer for KURE (the campus radio station) and has been on the GSB Finance committee for another 3 years. It looks as though that he is very qualified.

I think that Hamilton and Nimmer are still upset that Swanson didn’t win GSB president.

Now that I think about it, tell me Mr. Swanson, had you been elected GSB president, who would have been your choice for finance director?

I’m betting my marbles that you would have chosen Hamilton. Is there some kind of power game going on that the students and even the Senate should be aware of? Jeremy Williams was not chosen to spite you. He was chosen because he has excellent qualifications.

I think the Senate has made some bad decisions this year; but they have also made good decisions.

I urge them to vote what they think the students would want. Senate, I’m asking you to appeal to common sense. Don’t let Hamilton and Nimmer, blinded by the devious nature of Gold and Swanson, blind you. Don’t give in to their influence and let the students be blinded. Put one more decision under the ‘good’ column.

P.S. Hamilton and Nimmer. You’re fired too. And Jeremy Williams, you better be careful as well or I will fire you later …

Carmen Cerra

Senior

Biological/ Pre-Medical Illustration