Players to Watch: Texas

Daniel Jacobi II

Group of Cyclones including linebacker Colby Reeder attempt to block kick from Baylor.

Hailey Dohnal, Assistant Sports Editor

Texas: Quinn Ewers (QB)

After an injury to the collarbone in week two, Quinn Ewers was told he would be out for six weeks. 

Fortunately for the freshman, he was able to return to playing last week in the 49-0 blowout win against Oklahoma. 

Ewers threw for 289 yards and four touchdowns in his return, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up doing about the same on his home field. 

Although out for a majority of the games, Ewers has thrown two interceptions and has a completion percentage of 68.7%. 

If the Cyclone defense makes mistakes, Ewers may take advantage and put multiple points on the board for the Longhorns. 

Iowa State: Colby Reeder (LB)

Colby Reeder impressed Iowa State fans after two interceptions so far this season, along with at least one unassisted tackle in each game. 

Iowa State has shown to have a strong defense that has helped keep points off the board for the opposing team. 

While Reeder’s season high in tackles (6) comes from the game against Iowa, Reeder had five against both Kansas and Kansas State. 

Reeder looks to be getting tougher in his defensive plays, and with Ewers being a competitive quarterback, Reeder will want to keep his eyes peeled for the ball.