Students share spring semester resolutions

Robert Dillon

With a frigid introduction to the spring semester, temperatures were low, but spirits ran high. Students returned to campus rested and refreshed, ready for another semester of classes.

As students enter another semester, they reflect back on the previous one and examine what they could improve upon. Whether personal or academic, setting resolutions and goals can be a healthy method for self-improvement. Following a month-long hiatus, students roamed campus and shared the resolutions they carry with them into the second half of the academic year. 

Daisy Otundo, a sophomore in chemistry and psychology, shared her goals for the next few months and said her primary resolution was to set time aside to improve her grades and “get my priorities straight with classes and homework.” 

Iowa State provides dozens of options to aid in the success of its students, including $5 tutoring sessions and free supplemental Instruction (SI). 

While students seek to gain a quality education during their time at college, the community and friends made throughout can be just as valuable. These friendships are often what can make the college experience a meaningful and enjoyable time.

Makenna Rahmus, a sophomore in psychology, has found a close community during her time at Iowa State and stated that her resolution was to “make more great memories with my friends before the school year ends.”

Other students shared similar resolutions, including Eliza Beebout, a sophomore in genetics. 

“This year I want to get to know people better and grow closer to the friends I’ve made,” Beebout said.

Moving back to campus allows for new beginnings and new opportunities. Whether students are looking to expand their social circle or bump their grades up, a new semester provides a clean slate for students. 

Students can work toward achieving their resolutions through hundreds of clubs and student organizations on campus. Getting connected with fellow students and resources can be as easy as attending a club meeting or talking with an academic advisor.