Iowa State locked in for Tyson Invitational

Sam Petri
Director of Track & Field/Cross Country Jeremy Sudbury encourages Rachel Joseph to keep pushing during the women’s 200m dash at the Cyclone Open event on Jan. 19, 2024.

The Iowa State Cyclones track and field team will travel back to Fayetteville, Arkansas, for the second time in three weeks to compete in the Tyson Invitational over the weekend.

The Cyclones will look to build off the last meet they had there as well as the great performance the Cyclones had in Ames last weekend at the Iowa State Classic.

Last weekend, the Cyclones were at the top of the field, winning multiple events including the men’s and women’s weight throw, won by Cam Jones and Kaitlyn Burson, respectively. The Cyclones also had a great showing in all the distance races.

The Tyson Invitational will once again put the Cyclones up against the defending men’s and women’s indoor track and field national champions in No. 3 Arkansas.

The Cyclones struggled to keep up with the Razorbacks two weeks ago but will have another crack at them this weekend. Arkansas is not the only team Iowa State will have to worry about. Kansas State, Missouri, Arizona State and Florida are other teams to keep a close eye on as they could make some noise over the weekend as well.

The Tyson Invitational will take place Friday and Saturday in Fayetteville, Arkansas.