Fall in love with your future home at the Spring 2024 Housing Fair

Courtesy of Student Engagement

The Iowa State Memorial Union is gearing up for its annual Spring Housing Fair from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday in the Durham Great Hall. This Valentine’s Day, students have the opportunity to fall in love with their future living space while picking up some free swag and special leasing offers.

The first 30 students at the event will receive a free clear stadium bag, which can be used for game days at Jack Trice.

New to this spring’s event, the Office of Student Financial Success will be in attendance to help share their various resources with students. For students planning to move off campus next year, they can expect to experience a shift in how their U-Bill is paid. 

“[Students] may have to manage a financial aid refund that they receive at the beginning of each semester and will need to learn how to budget that for 4 to 5 months at a time so they can afford utilities, parking, and of course, rent payments on a monthly basis,” said Megan Moore, Memorial Union marketing specialist. “Budgeting is always a great skill to learn, and can help students feel less stressed when it comes to finances.”

In addition to several campus resources such as the Office of Student Financial Success providing assistance to students at the event, over 20 vendors will be in attendance to showcase property options for the coming year. Vendors include Core Apartments, The Social West Ames and Union on Lincoln Way. 

Vendors will offer signing bonuses and giveaways to help promote their options. For students planning to study abroad or participate in an internship during next school year, the Spring 2024 Housing Fair is an opportune time to beat the rush and secure a short-term contract. 

“This Housing Fair gives our students the ability to connect with property managers, rental properties, internet providers and other amenities around Ames to help make their next move a great success,” Moore said. “We want students to be informed about making a big decision like signing a lease or housing contract so this is a great way for them to feel empowered that they have explored their options and feel confident making their next move.”

Students are encouraged to swipe in using their University IDs and to come prepared with any questions they may have regarding the leasing process or contracts. For additional information, students can reach out to [email protected] with any questions about the event.