Iowa State ready to stay hot on trip to Cincinnati

Sam Petri
Conrad Hawley and Cade Kelderman cheer on their teammates at the ISU vs. TCU game at Hilton Coliseum February 10, 2024

The Cyclones are hoping to keep their win streak alive as they travel to Cincinnati to take on the Bearcats on Tuesday.

Iowa State is coming off a perfect week, picking up wins on the road and at home. After dropping a close loss on the road to Baylor, a team that has stayed in the top-15, Iowa State took care of business.

The Cyclones took down Texas on the road for the first time since 2015, breaking an eight-game losing streak and earning T.J. Otzelberger his first win at Texas. They then defended home against TCU, maintaining a perfect home record on the season.

Now, the Cyclones head back on the road as they take on Cincinnati, a newcomer in the conference. The Cyclones are going to have to recreate another outcome from 2015, as the last time they took on Cincinnati on the road came down to the wire with Iowa State squeaking out a win.

The only time Iowa State took on Cincinnati on the road came down to two points, which could prove to be the case this time around as well.

Cincinnati has grinded in the Big 12, as it sits at 4-6 in conference play. Of those 10 games played, eight came down to five points or less. The other two games were double-digit wins for the Bearcats.

The Bearcats are coming off a week where they took down a ranked Texas Tech team on the road. They also held alongside a top-five Houston team through nearly the entire 40 minutes.

Iowa State has proven it can win on the road and hang with any team in the Big 12. Given how Cincinnati has not rolled over once in any game in conference play, the Cyclones will have their work cut out for them.

The matchup is set to begin at 6 p.m. Tuesday at Cincinnati. The game will be aired live on ESPN2.