“Always Plenty of Light at the Starlight All Night Diner” to premiere at Fisher Theater

Courtesy of ISU Theater

“Always Plenty of Light at the Starlight All Night Diner” is coming to Fisher Theater with performances on Feb. 29, March 1 and March 2 at 7:30 p.m. and March 3 at 3 p.m. 

This play features a queer love story and dinosaurs. According to the Iowa State Department of Music and Theatre, “In this charming love story, the stakes are more than life and death; they’re life or extinction.”

“This play is about the need to tell people we love that we love them and to appreciate the ordinary,” said Heather Currie, the director of the production. 

Currie is an ensemble member with Lifeline Theatre in Chicago, where she works as a director in addition to her career in professional theater. Currie has taught theatre and film in higher education for 30 years.

“I highly recommend coming to see this play because it has comedy, love, time travel and dinosaurs!” Currie said. 

This show is also unique because it is performed in the round with the audience seated on the stage, as it has been converted into the Starlight All Night Diner.

This entirely student-designed production is brand new to the Fisher Theater at Iowa State University. The play is free to Iowa State students and youth and $20 for adults. This production’s run time is 60 minutes with no intermission. Tickets for the show are available online or in person. 

Purchase online tickets here. The Iowa State Ticket Office is open Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. 

View Comments (1)
$2700
$2500