StuGov agenda: Iowa State Football Marching Band congratulations, fair housing resolution

Student Government senate meetings take place every Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.

Alex Connor

Student Government will discuss passing a proclamation Wednesday congratulating the Iowa State Cyclone Football Varsity Marching Band for winning the Sudler Trophy and the prestige it brings to the university.

“The [marching band] is a quintessential part of every Iowa State University football game, providing entertainment through half-time shows and music that motivates our team and our crowd,” the proclamation reads. 

The senate will also debate a plethora of funding legislation, including:

• $351 to Alpha Kappa Psi for travel costs to attend a conference
  • $659 to the Black Graduate Student Association to host a celebration
  • $163 to Grandma Mojo’s Moonshine Revival for travel costs to a competition
  • $543 to the National Society of Black Engineers for travel costs to a conference
  • $450 to Yoga Club for a “Yoga Jamboree”

Also on the agenda includes a resolution concreting Student Government’s stance on occupancy ordinances regarding rental housing in Ames. 

“All residents have equal right to street parking, rendering limiting occupancy by off-street parking illogical, and five is an arbitrary number, as it may not coincide with the number of actual bedrooms,” the legislation reads. 

For more information or to contact your senator, visit stugov.iastate.edu. The senate meetings are open to the public on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.