GSB offers answers for basketball ticket concerns

Lissandra Villa

At its Wednesday night meeting on Sept. 19, the Government of the Student Body discussed issues with Blackboard, a possible opportunity for students to use CyCash in Campustown, as well as a solution to the concern of basketball tickets being oversold for the season.

The meeting, which was in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union, heard an announcement from GSB President Jared Knight that students who have tickets to basketball games but are denied access due to overselling, will be able to get refunds for those games.

Knight also also announced a possible program to use CyCash in Campustown, which would provide students a wider variety of dining options. Other schools around the country are currently being studied to use as models, he said.

A representative from Iowa State’s KURE radio station, Darren Hushak, spoke about the station’s upcoming KURE-fest, which will be Friday, Sept. 28, just south of the Campanile. KURE raised $2,200 for the event; the rest was covered by GSB. KURE said they expect approximately 2,000 attendees for the event

The body also heard issues concerning the Blackboard system, saying there have been difficulties viewing PDF files within the system as well as incongruities between student and teacher’s views. The council stated that they are open to suggestions for improvements.