General Manager ad

GENERAL MANAGER: IOWA STATE DAILY

The Iowa State Daily Publication Board is accepting applications for general manager of the Iowa State Daily, the student newspaper at Iowa State University. The newspaper publishes five times a week with a circulation of 13,500 during the fall and spring semesters and once a week with a circulation of 7,700 during the summer. It has a robust website, a weekly tablet edition and a growing digital media presence. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least five years experience in business, including budget preparation, management, and daily operations of a news organization. Experience in advertising and general sales strategies, planning implementation of special projects and the ability to adapt and learn in the rapidly changing landscape of today’s media is critical. The general manager leads a staff of professionals and works closely with a staff of about 200 students, so experience in teaching and mentoring will be essential. The job description is available online at http://www.iowastatedaily.net/gmsearch. Please send cover letter, resume and a statement of your management philosophy to [email protected] or GM Search, 108 Hamilton Hall, Iowa State Daily, Ames, IA 50011. Deadline for applying is May 20, 2012.