Sales Director

Sales Director

The Iowa State Daily Media Group is looking for a high-performing sales director ready to lead our student and professional staff in revenue generation, creative and innovative project development, and cohesive B2C strategies.

What is the Iowa State Daily Media Group?

We’re a student-run, professionally managed media company committed to providing excellent experiential learning opportunities for students at Iowa State University.

We’re made up of two student-run media companies:

Qualifications

• Four-year undergraduate degree in business, advertising, or related field
  • Minimum five years advertising sales experience, including managing a team of sellers
  • Thorough understanding of advertising, digital sales, and the college media or daily publishing environment
  • Comprehension of marketing and event planning
  • Experience building, servicing, and growing a sales portfolio valued at a minimum of $1 million annually

Primary Responsibilities

• Directing the ISD advertising department
  • Supervising all sales efforts, including student sales team
  • Setting and assigning sales territories, rates, and deadlines
  • Improving the quality of advertising in ISD products, including researching and helping to implement alternative revenue

Compensation

• Base salary + incentive package, commensurate with experience

What We’re Looking For – Personality That Slays

Like we said, we’re here to provide our students with an awesome learning experience that not only mirrors a professional environment, but also necessitates it. The pressures associated with this position are that of any daily print organization. But with a professional staff of six and a student staff of 150, we also expect a lot out of our students. We’re training them each and every day to not only be talented, sought-after adults, but also good people. Forgiveness, fun, and flexibility are parts of the job, so we work hard to hire people who can roll with and jump into any situation (and eat lots of pizza).

What We Give in Return

• A flexible work schedule centered around hitting daily and monthly goals
  • An extremely competitive benefits package
  • A brand-new modern office space overlooking campus, Lake Laverne, and the Campanile
  • The very best talent coming out of Iowa State University under your command for teaching, growing, and mentoring.

How To Apply

Please submit resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected].