Subbaswamy to appear at forum today

Kaleb Warnock

The first presidential forum will be today at 3:45 p.m. in Room 2019 of Morrill Hall and will give students and faculty an opportunity to meet with the first Iowa State presidential candidate to come to campus, Kumble Subbaswamy.

The forum was originally to feature a presentation by Subbaswamy, but the candidates opted for an hour-long question/answer period instead.

“I think we have a couple of great finalists here,” said GSB president Dakota Hoben. “I look forward to getting them to campus. That’s one of the most exciting things for me, especially for the whole process. I think when both candidates come to campus we’ll be able to tell why they’re the candidates.”

“Its an opportunity to see the first of what’s going to be the two candidates, one of which is going to be the president of Iowa State.” said John McCarroll, co-chairman of the presidential selection committee. 

The forums will be a great opportunity to get to know the candidates, and to see if they “did their homework,” according to McCarroll.

“It’s not just the answers to the questions that are asked, it’s an opportunity to see how these candidates think,” McCarroll said. “What’s important to them is how they interact with students as a whole.”