Students to vote on senator rule clarifications

Whitney Sager

Students will have the opportunity to have a say in the rules and regulations for allocating GSB senators.

The Government of the Student Body passed a bill at its meeting Wednesday night that will add two questions to the GSB election ballot.

The first question clarifies how many senators each college can have. The second question will determine whether or not the number of allocated senators will be allowed to change after being established in the spring.

With a vote of 29-0-0, the bill passed.

Several other bills were also on the GSB agenda:

• Funding for Revival Magazine — The newly formed publication Revival Magazine requested $3,976.50 in funding from GSB to be used for printing 2,000 magazines. Each magazine will consist of 40 color-printed pages. The bill passed with a vote of 28-1-0.

• Funding virtual EMS upgrade — The Event Management office of the Memorial Union requested $5,500 from GSB to be used for upgrading its systems. The upgrade will allow campus organizations and other groups to submit online requests for rooms to use in the Memorial Union. The GSB passed the bill with a 28-0-0.

• Funding the Fifth Annual Gospel Extravaganza — The group CONNECT will hold an extravaganza that will include multiple performances by gospel rappers and choirs. It requested $946 for the event. GSB passed the bill with a 29-0-0 vote.

• Funding a computer for Dance Marathon — Dance Marathon requested $1,199 to purchase a Mac computer to use for creating videos and designing graphics for the yearly Dance Marathon event. With a vote of 29-0-0, the bill passed.

In addition to the bills, GSB also seated a new business senator.

Stephen Leeds, sophomore in pre-business, was elected to fill the vacant position.

“My main goal is just to do what’s best with the College of Business along the lines of helping out,” Leeds said.

The next GSB meeting will be at 7 p.m. March 2 in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union.