CyCash, health issues to be presented at GSB meeting

Jessica Anderson

Students can learn how the CyCash system works at Wednesday’s Government of the Student Body meeting.

Jody Pietz will be explaining the CyCash system, how it works and why it exists, and curious students are encouraged to attend.

T.J. Schneider, GSB president, said Pietz is one of the only people on campus who knows the ins and outs of the system. “Hopefully this information will get to the rest of the students,” he said.

Representatives from the Thielen Student Health Center will be speaking about student insurance issues, including changes in the required graduate student health insurance policy.

“Some of this is due to health insurance problems from last year,” Schneider said.

He said the representatives will likely speak about new events at student health as well as the recently purchased colposcope.

The senate will also be looking at special allocations recommendations.

“We give out $1.5 million in line-item budgets every year,” said Tony Luken, speaker of the senate. “Special allocations [are] for groups with unforeseen expenses or helping new groups get off the ground.”

Schneider said special allocations are not meant to be another large funding event.

Schneider said three major events are happening in the next couple weeks. He said students should vote Nov. 5, go to the Board of Regents meeting on campus on Nov. 13 and 14 and attend the fall comedy event, also on Nov. 13.

Luken said five senators should be seated at this meeting — four off-campus senators and one liberal arts and sciences senator. He said this leaves only two senate positions open, one in the University Student Apartment Community and one in Family and Consumer Sciences.

Programs

* Jody Pietz — ISU Card Office — CyCash

* Jim Nelson, director, Jill Pretzer and Wanda Kellogg — Thielen Student Health Center — New insurance and health center issues

* Katie Greiman — Leadership London

General Orders

* A bill allowing GSB to change meeting times as need arises. By Luken and Kline.

* A bill transferring $25,000 to the CyRide Operating Fund. By Kline, Luken and others.

New Business

* A bill allotting $1,100 to the ISU Entrepreneurs Club. By Leege, Kline and others.

* A bill approving the special allocations budget. By Luken, Kline and others.

* A bill allotting $1,000 to the Student Health Advisory Committee. By Taylor and Luken.

* A bill approving the apportionment of the Senate seats. By Luken, Leege and others.