inbrief

Veishea applications in Office Space

Veishea 2002 executive committee applications are in the West Student Office Space in the Memorial Union and on the Web at www.veishea.org.

All students are encouraged to apply for executive positions. Students are needed to lead 11 committees. Applicants must answer two questions and write a proposal for the top committees they are applying for and present it during an interview.

Applications are due to the West Student Office Space Sept. 10, and students may sign up for interviews at this time. Interviews will be Sept. 11-13 in the evenings for 20 minutes. Positions will be announced Sept. 14.

For more information, visit www.veishea.org or contact Veishea 2002 co-chairs Jen Fritz at 232-0114 or Mark Ringkob at 292-3880.

– Valerie Dennis

GSB will discuss seating bills tonight

The Government of the Student Body Senate will meet at 7 p.m. in the Campanile Room of the Memorial Union. The following will be discussed:

Special orders

A seating bill to name Bruce Adami as graduate-student senator. By Darr, Kothenbeutel and others.

A seating bill to name Sarah Schweitzer as an off-campus senator. By Weaver and Darr.

A seating bill to name Matt McKee as an off-campus senator. By Darr and Kothenbeutel.

A seating bill to seat the GSB Finance Committee. By Kothenbeutel, Weaver and others.

A seating bill to seat Executive Cabinet Members. By Kothenbeutel, Darr and others.

A seating bill to name Nathan William Boone, Matthew David Peelen and Gregory Allen Tew as associate justices. By Kothenbeutel, Luken and others.

New business

A bylaw bill to amend the operating procedures for the GSB Supreme Court. By Luken, Kothenbeutel and others.

A bylaw bill to change the election bylaws. By Luken and Kothenbeutel.

A bylaw bill outlining the responsibilities of the clerk of the committee. By Kothenbeutel, Tinder and others.

A funding bill recognizing changes in currently funded organizations. By Tinder, Weaver and others.

A seating bill to name the GSB treasurer. By Stallmann, Tinder and others.