Looking for minority status

John Hosler

So let me get this straight: The LGBTA wants minority status because there has always been a connection between racists and homophobes, stemming from a system of morality that the population shares.

Jason Gross must have run out of ideas; for not only is he nit-picking on tiny issues, he is using the forum of the September 29th Movement to do it.

Gross feels that it was unfair of the student handbook committee to leave the LGBTA out of the university’s new discrimination policy definition.

I feel so bad for them. Imagine, a university group doesn’t get to be in the book that all the freshmen will read.

And since every other group is excluded as well, they are obviously being discriminated against. Oh, please. Ask any student walking down Welch Avenue if a minority should be defined by their lifestyle and most will tell you no.

Do I get minority status for staying up too late and drinking heavily on week nights? Use common sense, people.

As for Milton McGriff, I have a simple message to relay: It is getting old quick. I don’t know anyone who still reads your articles. We all flip right past once the headline is spotted because it is getting redundant in our eyes.

How can we believe that the Iowa State student population wants the name of Catt Hall changed when only 45 people show up at the rallies? We know what’s going on, and we choose not to attend. Don’t presume that all the students are behind you.

Some of us happen to believe, alcohol policy or not, that Jischke is basically a decent guy. A white supremacist? C’mon, Milton, I know you’re smarter than that.

John Hosler

Junior

English