Last chance for student opinion about Veishea

Teresa Haberer

Today will be the last chance for many Iowa State students to voice their opinions about the fate of Veishea.

A student roundtable discussion concerning the future of Veishea will be held today at noon in the Gallery of the Memorial Union.

The discussion will be the last opportunity for students to have their opinions about Veishea heard before Wednesday night’s Government of the Student Body Senate vote.

Representatives will be on hand from GSB, the Student Union Board, the Inter-Residence Hall Association, the InterFraternity Council and the 1998 Veishea Committee.

Kathryn Whitaker, 1998 Veishea co-chair, said she hopes many students will attend the discussion in order to share their questions and concerns about the future of Veishea.

“Our main goal is to clarify some issues that may be hazy for some people,” Whitaker said. “We want people to walk away with correct information on the issues,” she said.

Whitaker said she feels the opportunity for students to participate in this type of discussion will be “very beneficial.”

“Students will be able to ask the questions that they have and then get information and input from all the students around them,” she said.

The roundtable is being co-sponsored by GSB and SUB.

Whitaker said members of the ISU administration are not expected to attend the student-run discussion.