Ames local election breakdown

Biong Biong
Iowa State University students voting in Story County can use an Iowa State ID and Access Plus at the polls as forms of identification and proof of residence.

Between the Ames City Council, Ames City Hospital Trustees and Ames School Board elections, enough seats are available for all declared candidates.

Depending on where you live, ballots will vary with respect to who your representative may be. Sample ballots for the different ballots can be found on Story County’s website.

Ames City Council

For all the seats available on the Ames City Council, all incumbents are running unopposed. However, some incumbents are changing their constituency.

Ward 4 Rep. Rachel Junck and Ward 2 Rep. Tim Gartin are the only two members of the council running to represent the same constituency.

At-Large Rep. Bronwyn Beatty-Hansen is running for Ward 1 instead of current Ward 1 Rep. Gloria Betcher, who is running for Ward 3. Current Ward 3 Rep. Anita Rollins will be running for the at-large position.

Ames School Board

The Ames School Board is responsible for the high-level planning, policy-making and systemic evaluation of the Ames Community School District, according to their website. There are four candidates running for four available positions, two of which are incumbents.

The candidates are Allen Bierbaum, Angie DeWaard, William Scott Dryer and Sabrina Shields-Cook. Bierbaum and Shields-Cook are the incumbents.

Hospital Trustees

Some of the responsibilities of hospital trustees include authorizing the delivery of health services, managing the funds of the hospital and adopting bylaws for the governance of the hospital, according to Story County’s website.

The candidates running for the three slots up for election include Natallia Gray and incumbents Ken McCuskey and Austin D.M. Woodin.